Insurance Claim Dispute Overview
Call 407.420.1044 today to schedule a confidential consultation with an Insurance Dispute Attorney – Lawyer. We provide experienced Insurance Claim Dispute legal representation throughout Central Florida and the surrounding counties. Main Offices in Orlando, Florida.
Call 407.420.1044 today to schedule a confidential consultation with an Attorney at The Law Offices of Peter A. Shapiro & Jonathan D. Wilson. Discuss your legal rights, options and goals involving an Insurance Claim Dispute.
Insurance Companies are more than willing to sell you an Insurance Policy. These Insurance policies may include, but are not limited to:
- Auto Insurance Policy;
- Home and Property Damage Insurance Policy;
- Health and Disability Insurance Policy;
- Life Insurance Policy;
In most cases, when a consumer must file an insurance claim to rebuild or repair their home or business for an auto accident, health reasons, or in the unfortunate circumstance of a loss of life, their insurance company responds in an appropriate and satisfactory manner. But that doesn’t mean you don’t need the help of an attorney.
While the purpose of purchasing an insurance policy is to protect the policy holder from a disaster, property damage, health and medical expenses, or other valid circumstances, the bottom line for insurance companies is to make money. In an effort to save their company money and protect their profits, insurance companies will occasionally use one or more of the following methods:
- DENY YOUR CLAIM: You may have been informed that the “damages do not meet your policy deductible.” This may have been determined incorrectly because: A) The insurance adjuster may have failed to document all damages to your property. B) The insurance carrier simply chose to low-ball the claim. If your claim has been denied, contact The Law Offices of Peter A. Shapiro & Jonathan D. Wilson for a review of your policy and damages. Your damages may in fact meet your deductible and exceed your policy limits.
- DELAY YOUR CLAIM: Make no mistake about it, the insurance industry is big business. Delaying your insurance claim essentially keeps money in the bank and ensures interests are paid to a larger degree for the insurance carrier’s bank accounts. The insurance carrier’s decision to delay your settlement, benefits, and/or payouts, may actually increase the damage (example: to your home due to untreated water damage, mold and fungus). The insurance carrier is literally banking on you being so happy to receive your settlement, although delayed, that you simply accept the settlement and move on. If your settlement is being delayed by your insurance carrier, properly document any additional damage as a result of the delay. Once you accept a settlement, insurance companies consider the claim closed.
- UNDERPAY YOUR CLAIM: Insurance companies will always pay the least amount possible for your insurance claim. This is why obtaining the services of a qualified Insurance Claim Attorney can make a noticeable difference not only in the amount you are compensated for by the insurance carrier, but also the speed in which the insurance carrier handles your claim. If you have been under-compensated for your damage or injuries or illness, you have a right to submit a claim for additional insurance money. This must be done relatively quickly after receiving your initial settlement or you will be barred from seeking additional money you are owed.
Other types of Insurance Claim issues our law firm can help you address are PIP/No-Fault Insurance Claims and Workers’ Compensation Claims. These are programs and policies that are relied upon in time of need that often go through the same denial and delay processes of other forms of insurance policies.
With regards to Workers’ Compensation, it is not uncommon for claims to be initially denied or disputed by the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Carrier. As your legal counsel in any Insurance Claim Dispute, we will let the insurance company know you mean business and expect to be treated fairly and within a reasonable period of time.
If you need to protect your rights and interests in an insurance claim dispute, seek the legal advice and representation of an experienced insurance dispute attorney. At The Law Offices of Peter A. Shapiro & Jonathan D. Wilson, you will work with an experienced lawyer who is dedicated to protecting the rights of those who are involved in an insurance claim dispute throughout the Central Florida area and its surrounding counties.
Call 407.420.1044 to discuss your legal rights and options regarding an insurance claim dispute. You may also contact us by filling out our online case evaluation form.